Sunday, September 10, 2006

DNA sexing KeKe & LuLu

The birdie girls are doing great since KeKe's arrival. Although they don't seem to want to live in the same house, being both females they are too territorial, they sure do like to spend time playing outside of their cages together. LuLu is still the more dominant bird and will let KeKe know when she has had enough.

Earlier in the month I couldn't take the suspense any longer and decided to have them DNA sexed. After collecting a blood sample by trimming a nail and sending it to the lab I had a result in just a few days. I suspected they were both female and sure enough that's what the tests said too. I used a Canadian Company named Health Gene and found them quite efficient.

http://www.healthgene.com/

Somehow I feel better know that they are both girls.....At least I know I am not giving them a complex with their cute girlie names!

No comments: